her first day of kindergarten + her first boyfriend.

posted on: 9.06.2012

Tuesday was Tate's first day of Kindergarten! This girl was made for school. She eats it all up, every last thing about it. She's had her backpack packed with all her new school supplies for over a week.  Her outfit had been layed out 4 days prior, although she had second thoughts morning of and decided the red crops we had originally picked weren't "schooly" enough for the first day. "A skirt is much better", she said. "And a sweater, in case it gets cold in the schoolatorium". 


Cool details like her sock bun, hot pink watch, and pockets helped her feel confident! Tate is big on details like this.

Riding the school bus has been the highlight so far. She loves that she can sit with her friends and said the ride is super fun and bumpy! Just as I remember too:)

I felt like a real, real mom when I watched her board the bus, and wave goodbye to me through the window. Then, just like a crazy mom, I followed the bus to school to take more pictures of her. And to give her one last squeeze.
 Just like I knew she would, she made friends quick, and walked into the school holding hands with a couple kids.


Seeing best friends, Anna & Molly, I'm sure eased any nerves she had. Can you tell she's excited?!
She gave me one last hug in the class, and told me she was a little scared for me to leave (which I loved). Right after, a friend called for her to come over, and she waved goodbye to me for good!
And no, I didn't even cry. But I don't feel ready for the world to have her without me.

Tate says, about her first two days:
For sure my favorite kindergarten teacher I've ever had.
Soooo fun.
Her backpack is heavy, but that's just what you have to do when you're a kindergartener.
You don't even have to ask the teacher for permission to use the bathroom, just hold up your thumb. And
Jack.
Jack.
Jack.
Jack.
and more Jack.

And before I forget entirely just how much we talked about Jack today I'll try to recount the conversation that happened the moment she stepped off the bus, and continued until we pulled her covers over her in bed.

Mom guess what? I have a boyfriend, his name is Jack. I just met him today and I asked him to be friends and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes, because he's really cute! He looks just like Will (our cousin), but with more hair. Did you know once Jack fell out of a moving car, and he didn't even cry. He's so brave! Yeah, he's really cute. He's so funny because he was asking me all day to give him hugs, and kisses too mom. I did, but just on his head. Someone asked if we were brother and sister because we look alike, but we just told them no- we're just boyfriend and girlfriend. Mom look! There's a monkey on the tree! You looked, you looked, you're in the baby book. Jack taught me that. Isn't that funny?! Jack's way into karate too, but like, nice stuff. I like Karate too. I mean, it's boyish, but I still like it. Don't tell dad, but I even go to the bathroom when I see Jack's going. I mean, it's good to always try to go, so I might as well go when he does. Oh, but at recess, we actually broke up. It's okay though, we're back together now. He just accidentally kicked me during one of his karate moves, so I kind of hit him (gently though mom!), and he said I wasn't his girlfriend anymore. Then later he told his friend I was his girlfriend, and I was like- I thought I wasn't anymore. And he was like- of course you are! And I was just like- oh that's silly, you didn't even tell me, but whatever. So we're still boyfriend and girlfriend. I can't WAIT to go back to school to see Jack tomorrow! Why don't you drop me off, instead of letting me ride the bus tomorrow so you can see him.

That sounds great Tate, but we're homeschooling you from now on.

*Tate's wearing: sweater from Siomimi (purchased on Gilt), tank from Crewcuts, skirt from Mini Social, shoes are Bensimon, linen hair barrette is from her. Backpack is SoYoung

23 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! first day of school already?! max will be starting in January (our school year is the same as the calender year).

    but that tate. such a gorgeous little character. and what an awesome record of her first day :) good luck with the homeschooling ;)

    p.s the 'it's good to always try to go' is *killing* me. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the cutest post E-V-E-R!! Even the bus driver looks cute. Oh Miss Tate...I could just eat her up! I love the "Will with more hair" comment. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwwahahahahhah. hilarious. you are in soooo much trouble! love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH.MY.Goodness!! I am a new comment-er but a long time reader! SHe is adorable and that is HILARIOUS!! I STILL remember the little boy I loved in Kindergarten!! Can you imagine!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hi! Thanks for commenting:) The scary thing is I was the exact same in kindergarten... and I've been boy crazy since!

      Delete
  5. the jack story is a little glimpse into your future with her! :) she is SO funny. i can't believe you have a kindergartener! crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is actually jessie. must i always post as paul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know now William Berg, that it's you Jessie! :)

      Delete
  7. First of all, her first day of school outfit and hair. I die.

    Second of all, I still remember my kindergarten boyfriend. Acquired during the first week of school, too. His name was Stephen. He told me he was going to lay in the road (the drop off driveway) if I didn't agree to be his girlfriend. He was a little bit nuts. Don't worry, it didn't last.

    Cheers for Tate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I giggled through this whole post. I want Tate to be Henry's girlfriend! This is totally the difference between boys and girls: Henry's words about kindergarten were "It was awesome." That's it. Oh, and he's never used the potty at school.

    I had a boyfriend in kindergarten named Damon. He peed his pants and then it was over.

    They're getting too old. Too, too old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so darling, and her conversation is scaring me because I can see the future of my 2.5 year old precocious little lady... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a crush in kindergarten, not a girlfriend. Her older sister was my babysitter and one day when she was babysitting me, completely unsolicited, I gave her a picture of myself to give to her sister. How freaking arrogant is that? I saw her on the "slide tower" the next day and she didn't say a word about it. Serves me right for being so full of myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so thoughtful. You know, just in case she missed you so, she could look at your picture at night:)

      Delete
  11. oh my gosh.... she is out of control cute! i loooove her outfit and all the details,

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am DYING right now! that paragraph about jack is honestly the best thing i've read....ever! can't wait to show tyler. he will die. i just love that little girl so much. I have to come out and stay with you all for awhile. like i'm talking a couple of weeks :) i'm seriously going to look for cheap flights. it might be best if i did it in january once i'm done working....i'm looking into this today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! She is hilarious. It is scary...Finn just keeps talking about boys too and how she has nap time with them and wants a sleepover. I know its totally innocent but STILL! Why do they have to grow up so darn fast. The weird part is, I remember being in Kindergarten, and it doesn't seem THAT long ago! (Okay, maybe 24 years or something like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. she looks incredible!! how hilarious. better watch out! she's gonna be a mankiller!!

    she looks just like ur hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you kidding me?! So grown-up and super adorable. Tell her one of her long, lost preschool teachers says "hello". Love to you both...

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a pimp! now we just need to see jack! will you follow her to school tomorrow and snap some pics of him? cute that they look alike. they will have adorable kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this post! i am a long time reader but seldom commenter but this one is just so cute, adorable, and classic Tate. i even showed my husband this one because that Jack story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! I have tears streaming down my face. I like this jack already. He has good taste in women picking out Tate one the first day. Tell her I can't wait to meet him! Of course she looks stunning on her first day. I'm behind the times. I've got to learn how to do a sock bun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Caleb will be so disappointed to hear this. Although, not crying after falling out of a car? Who can compete with that?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just too funny! Thanks for sharing Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger