Sometimes people need more love

posted on: 10.28.2012



 If there is one thing that scares me the most about being her mom it's that I fear I'll do something to ruin or taint her sweet nature.
Tonight she got in trouble, Wyatt raised his voice at her (after patiently trying to tell her 10 times), and she stormed upstairs to her bedroom. She is incredibly sensitive, in good and bad ways. She hates getting in trouble, and is dramatic when she does. We thought she'd stay up there for a good pout, until we came up to talk to her. 
But instead, she came down on her own after only a minute. She climbed on Wyatt's lap, gave him a kiss, and told him she was sorry, all by herself. About an hour later she told me this privately, 
"Do you know why I came down mom?" "I did it because I learned that sometimes when people are rude to you, or raise their voices at you, it's because they just need a little more love in their life, so I wanted to come down and give dad some love".

She is so smart. And we absolutely struck gold with her. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh could she seriously be ANY sweeter?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaww this is the sweetest thing I've read today. Sometimes, we parents have so much to learn from our little children :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true. That's exactly what I thought!

      Delete
  3. You guys are definitely doing right with that one. She is so incredibly sweet!!! I can't get over it. What an amazing story. Moms and Dads definitely need love sometimes too. I love how simply and altruistically children think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouths of babes...she is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! My oldest has a sensitive heart like that...and I soak it up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. tears in my eyes. truly struck gold. children as so wise. much wiser than their parents at times! love her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! What a deep little thinker.... makes me wonder what my boys are thinking while they are in time out lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually made me cry. What a good lesson for us adults that when we are angry and upset with each other; perhaps it's just because we need more love.
    You are an amazing parent with quite a wonderful kid.

    Oh, and the Tuck video was the best. From laughing to crying. I just love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the sweetest! What a wonderful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, please be kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

YOURS TRULY All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger